Alika Guchua (October 9, 1990, Zugdidi city, Georgia) is a Ph.D. in Political Science, Associate Professor (CIU), Head of the Bachelor Program in International Relations, Faculty of Social Sciences, Caucasus International University (Georgia). Head of the Strategic Studies Institute for Research Chemical, Biological, Radiological and Nuclear Threats (Georgia). Executive Director of Institute of Geostrategy and Euro-Atlantic Integration of Georgia. Executive Director of Young Experts Association (Georgia). His research interests include weapons of mass destruction, conflict, terrorism, cyber terrorism, strategic strike weapons, asymmetric threats, armed conflicts, war studies, hybrid threats, cybersecurity, nuclear security, global security.
2014, he graduated from the International Relations Program of the Faculty of Social Sciences of the Caucasus International University. The title of the paper is: US-Iranian relations and Iran's nuclear policy. He was awarded a bachelor's degree in international relations.
2015-2016, he studied at the Master's program of the University of Lodz in Poland, Faculty of Politics and Science.
2017 - he graduated from the Faculty of Social Sciences at the Caucasus International University, defended the scientific topic: "Euro-Atlantic Security and Geopolitical Transactions from Cooperative Security to the New Cold War" and was awarded the academic degree of Master of International Relations.
2020 - he defended his dissertation at the same university on the topic: "The Strategic Strike Weapon and Its Defining Policy in aegis of the Euro-Atlantic Security Geostrategy: NATO and Weapons of Mass Destruction (WMD)" and became a doctor of political science.
(in Georgian) "NATO and Non-State Aggressive Religious Actors (Islamic Caliphate, Al Qaeda and the Taliban) - The Fourth Generation War Strategy and Its Geopolitical Aspects of Regional and National Security (2010-2019)", Publishing House Tbiliseli Print LLC, Georgia, Tbilisi- 2020. P. 368.
(in English) ,,NATO and the Future of European and Asian Security“, Publishing IGI-Global, Release Date: June, 2021. https://igi-global.com P. 331.
Chapter 5 - ,,New Realities for NATO's Modern Nuclear Policy: NATO's Nuclear Weapons History”, Publishing IGI-Global, Release Date: June, 2021 (pages 54-72). https://www.igi-global.com
(in Georgian) Student's book X and XI class Defense and security. Georgia, Tbilisi -2021. PP. 280.
Main published papers
- THE ECONOMIC SECURITY CHALLENGES IN THE BLACK SEA REGION AND IMPACT OF CONFLICTS, „Ante Portas – Security Studies” 2021, No 1(16) DOI: 10.33674/120211. PP. 11-21.
- Geopolitics of the Russia-Ukraine War and Russian Cyber Attacks on Ukraine-Georgia and Expected Threats, Ukrainian Policymaker, Volume 10, 27-36. https://doi.org/10.29202/up/10/4. PP. 27-36.
- The Impact of Russia’s Soft Power on Georgia and Economic Relations, Future Human Image, Volume 17, 14-19. https://doi.org/10.29202/ fhi/17/3. PP. 14-19.
- EU CYBER SECURITY STRATEGY AND ECONOMIC THREATS, „Ante Portas – Security Studies” 2021, No 1(16) DOI: 10.33674/120216. PP. 81-93.
- NATO NUCLEAR POLICY AND SELECTED ECONOMIC ASPECTS OF NUCLEAR DISARMAMENT, „Ante Portas – Security Studies” 2021, No 1(16) DOI: 10.33674/120213. PP. 33-43.
- "The cybersecurity of Georgia and threats from Russia", Scientific journals of the University of Lodz, EASTERN REVIEW 2020, T. 9. Eastern Review, 9, 105–119. https://doi.org/10.18778/1427-9657.09.07. PP. 105–119.
- THE ASYMMETRIC THREATS IN GLOBAL SECURITY AND THE MILITARY-POLITICAL ASPECTS OF BIOSECURITY, „Ante Portas – Security Studies” 2021, No 2(17) DOI: 10.33674/220215. PP.105-115.
- "NATO and EU Cybersecurity Environment and Standards. Ukrainian Policymaker — Open Access Journal, Volume 7, Published: 1 December 2021 DOI: https://doi.org/10.29202/up/9/1. PP. 4-11.
- REGIONAL APPROACHES TO MISSILE DEFENSE- IN THE CONTEXT OF BLACK SEA SECURITY“, „Ante Portas – Security Studies” 2020, No 2(15) DOI: 10.33674/120201. PP. 11-23.
- Cyber Threats and Asymmetric Military challenges In the Context of Nuclear Security: Ukrainian and International Cases Analysis, International peer-reviewed journal Ukrainian Policymaker — Open Access Journal, Volume 7, 20-27. https://doi.org/10.29202/up/7/3. PP. 20-27.
- (in Georgian) Collection of articles of the International Scientific Conference "Conflicts in the South Caucasus" of the Geopolitical Interests of Great Powers in the South Caucasus Region St. Andrew the First-Called Georgian University of the Georgian Patriarchate, Tbilisi. PP.16-30.
- (in English) CANCELLATION OF THE TREATY OF 1987 ON THE ERADICATION OF INTERMEDIATE AND SHORTERRANGE MISSILES AND ITS IMPACT ON PAN-REGIONAL SECURITY IN AEGIS OF THE ‘THREE SEAS’ AREA (BALTIC-ADRIATIC BLACK SEA SPACE), International peer-reviewed journal ANTE PORTAS Security Studies, „Ante Portas – Studia nad Bezpieczeństwem” 2019, Nr 2(13) DOI: 10.33674/201910. PP. 133-145.
- (in English) ,,The Strategic Security Dilemma Geopolitics and its Consequences for the Euro-Atlantic Community – New Realities for the NATO’s Nuclear Policy”, International peer-reviewed journal American Studies Periodical, Black Sea International University, 12 th Edition Georgia, Tbilisi 2019. PP. 17-27.
- (in English) ,,Cyberwar as a Phenomenon of Asymmetric Threat and Cyber-Nuclear Security Threats, International Scientific Journal“, Modern Historical and Political Issues: Journal in Historical & Political Sciences. - Chernivtsi ", Chernivtsi National University. 2019.–Volume.40.–pp.50-57DOI:10.31861/mhpi2019.40.50-57. PP. 50-57.
- (in Georgian) ,,NUCLEAR CONTAINMENT POLICY OF NATO IN THE CONTEXT OF ASYMMETRICAL THREATS”, Peer-reviewed international scientific journal "Polito / Logos", volume 1. Georgia, Tbilisi 2019. PP. 56-73.
- (in English) ,,ASYMMETRICAL THREATS AND THE IMPACT OF HYBRID WAR ON GLOBAL SECURITY AND ROLE OF NATO IN ENSURING PEACE”, International peer-reviewed journal ANTE PORTAS Security Studies. „Ante Portas – Studia nad Bezpieczeństwem” 2018, Nr 2(11) DOI: 10.33674/2201811. Poland, 2018. PP. 213-224.
- (in Georgian) ,,The role of nuclear weapons in global politics and Iran-US modern political relations”, The Proceedings of the Fourth and Fifth International Scientific Conference on Georgia-Iran Political, Economic and Cultural Relations. Caucasus international University, Georgia, Tbilisi 2021. PP. 153-160.
- (in English) ,,MODELS OF INTERACTION OF CIVIL SOCIETY AND STATES OF EASTERN AND CENTRAL EUROPE“, Peer-reviewed scientific journal, Collection of works NO. 11, Poland, Warsaw 2018. Pp. 42-54.
- (in Georgian) ,,The North Atlantic Alliance in the 21st Century and the Weapons of Mass Destruction in International Security“, Scientific Journal of the State and Corporate Security Training and Research Center, Collection of works NO. 2, Georgia, Tbilisi 2018. Pp. 25-38.