Prof. Krzysztof Wach, PhD
Cracow University of Economics
Department of International Trade
Centre for Strategic and International Entrepreneurship
Lecturer and researcher, expert in international entrepreneurship, international business, entrepreneurship education. Author of several books, editor or co-editor of several books as well as author and co-author of over 200 scientific articles and chapters in monographs.
Roles at the University
- Associate Professor at the Department of International Trade, Faculty of Economics and International Relations, Cracow University of Economics (CUE).
- Director of the Department of International Trade CUE (since 2016).
- Head of the Centre for Strategic and International Entrepreneurship CUE (since 2013).
- Member of the CUE Senate Commission for International Cooperation (since 2008).
- Member of the CUE Senate Commission for Teaching (2014-2016).
- Member of the Scientific Council for the Faculty of Economics and International Relations (since 2008).
- Member of the Faculty Commission for Staff Development (2012-2019).
- Member of the Faculty Teaching Committee for International Economics (2016-2020).
- Member of the Scientific Council for the CUE Centre for Foreign Languages (2016-2020).
- Vice-president of the CUE Disciplinary Commission for Staff (2016-2020).
Expertise & research areas
International Entrepreneurship. International Business. Entrepreneurship Education. Europeanisation Processes. Entrepreneurship and New Venture Planning.
Habilitated doctor (dr hab.) in Economics, specialized in international entrepreneurship (Cracow University of Economics – CUE, 2013).
PhD in Management, specialized in strategic entrepreneurship (CUE, 2006).
MSc in International Economics, specialized in foreign trade (CUE, 2001).
Diploma in Teaching Qualifications (2001), Diploma in University Teaching Qualifications (2004). Certificate in Business Trainer (2003). Innovative Lecturer Course Certificate (2016).
First Certificate in English (FCE) by Cambridge University (1999). Certificate in Advanced English (CAE) by Cambridge University (2001).
Academy of International Business AIB (since 2013) – vice-president of AIB-CEE Chapter for programme 2018 (since 2016). European International Business Academy EIBA (since 2005). United States Association for Small Business and Entrepreneurship USASBE (since 2013). Entrepreneurship Research and Education Network of Central European Universities ERENET (since 2007). Polish Economic Association PTE (since 2007) – member of the Board of the Kraków Branch (2015-2018).
Undergraduate (Bachelor) level:
- International Entrepreneurship (45 hours) – in English.
- Bachelor Research Project (60 hours) – in Polish.
Graduate (Master) level:
- International Business Strategy (30 hours) – in English.
- Entrepreneurship and New Venture Planning (30 hours) – in English.
- Master Research Project (60 hours) – in English and in Polish.
- Research Design & Doctoral Writing (14 hours) – in English.
- Research Methods in Entrepreneurship (8 hours) – in English.
- Current Research in International Business (6 hours) – in English.
Training and consulting for small and medium-sized enterprises. International market research for companies. Expertise for various international organisations.
Guest lectures as visiting professor at various foreign universities, including:
America: Grand Valley State University (bilateral, Sep 2010, Apr 2013, Grand Rapids, USA), Roosevelt University (bilateral, Apr 2010, Chicago, USA), University of Detroit Mercy (bilateral, Apr 2010, Detroit, USA), Loyola University Chicago (bilateral, Apr 2010, Chicago, USA).Europe: Northumbria University (Erasmus+, Apr 2010, Newcastle, UK), University College London (Erasmus+, Sep 2014, London, UK), Technical University of Cartagena (Erasmus+, Sep 2013, Cartagena, Spain), University of Zagreb (Erasmus+, bilateral, Sep 2015, Zagreb, Croatia), FH Joanneum (CEEPUS, Sep 2013, Graz, Austria), Slovak University of Agriculture (CEEPUS, 2005, 2010, 2013, Nitra, Slovakia). National University of Life and Environmental Sciences (CEI-Net, Oct 2010, Kiev, Ukraine)Asia: Shanghai Lixin University of Accounting and Finance (KA107, Mar 2017, Shanghai, China), National Chiao Tung University (KA107, Apr 2019, Taipei, Taiwan).
- an OECD and the European Commission national expert for inclusive entrepreneurship (2013-2013, 2017-2018)
- an European Commission national expert for youth entrepreneurship (2016)
Editor-in-Chief of two scientific journals, including:
- “Entrepreneurial Business and Economics Review” (ESCI WoS, Scopus) published by Cracow University of Economics, Poland (since 2013), www.eber.uek.krakow.pl
- “Przedsiębiorczość Międzynarodowa” (“International Entrepreneurship”) published by Cracow University of Economics, Poland (since 2015), www.pm.uek.krakow.pl
Member of editorial boards of several scientific journals, including:
- “European Journal of International Management” (IF SSCI WoS) published by InderScience Publishers (editorial board member since 2018), https://www.inderscience.com/jhome.php?jcode=ejim
- “Journal of Management and Business Administration Central Europe” (Scopus) published by Koźmiński University, Poland (associate editor since 2016), http://mbace.eu/
- “Society and Economy” published by Corvinus University of Budapest, Hungary (associate editor since 2017), https://akademiai.com/loi/204 (JSTOR indexed)
- “European Integration Studies” published by Kaunas University of Technology, Lithuania (since 2017), http://www.eis.ktu.lt (ESCI WoS)
- "Central European Review of Economics & Finance" published by the University of Radom, Poland (scientific board member since 2016), www.cer.uniwersytetradom.pl
- “Przedsiębiorczość – Edukacja” (“Entrepreneurship – Education”) published by Pedagogical University of Cracow, Poland (editorial board member since 2014), http://p-e.up.krakow.pl
- “Theory Methodology Practice” published by the University of Miskolc, Hungary (editorial board member since 2017), http://tmp.gtk.uni-miskolc.hu
- “Business Excellence” published by the University of Zagreb, Croatia (editorial board member since 2015), http://www.efzg.unizg.hr/business-excellence
- “Studia Negotia” published by Babeş-Bolyai University in Cluj-Napoca, Romania (editorial board member since 2014), http://studia.ubbcluj.ro/serii/negotia/index_en.html
- "Journal of Entrepreneurship, Business and Economics" published by Scientifica, Canada (editorial board member since 2013), http://scientificia.com/index.php/JEBE
- “Horyzonty Polityki” (“Horizons of Politics”) published by Jesuit University Ignatianum, Poland (since 2010), https://horyzonty.ignatianum.edu.pl/index.php/HP
- “Journal of Yasar University” published by Yasar University, Turkey (editorial board member since 2017), https://journal.yasar.edu.tr/en/editorial-board/
Participant of various international education and research projects (e.g. Jean Monnet, Atlantis, International Visegrad Fund IVF, Central European Initiative CEI):
- OPUS PROJECT: Behaviour of Polish Businesses in the Internationalization Process. International Entrepreneurship Approach. 2013-2018, funds: National Science Centre of Poland, role: project coordinator and principal investigator
- OPUS PROJECT: Patterns of internationalization of high-tech small and medium-sized enterprises. 2014-2017, funds: National Science Centre of Poland, role: key investigator
- JEAN MONNET: Macro- and Mesoeconomic Dimensions of Europeanization. 2013-2016, funds: EACEA – European Commission, role: project coordinator
- IVF: Patterns of Business Internationalization in Visegrad Countries - In Search for Regional Specifics. 2013-2014, role: project coordinator, principal investigator
- European Commission: Youth Employment and Your Entrepreneurship in Europe. 2016-2017 , role: expert
- OECD: Inclusive Entrepreneurship in Europe. 2013-2018 , role: expert
Selected recent publications
- Wach, K., Głodowska, A., & Maciejewski, M. (2018). Entrepreneurial Orientation, Knowledge Utilization and Internationalization of Firms. Sustainability, 10(12), 1-23. (IF 2.075, SSCI WoS). http://dx.doi.org/10.3390/su10124711
- Głodowska, A., Maciejewski, M., & Wach, K. (2019). How Entrepreneurial Orientation Stimulates Different Types of Knowledge in the Internationalization Process of Firms from Poland?. Entrepreneurial Business and Economics Review, 7(1), (journal indexed in Scopus)
- Maciejewski, M., & Wach, K. (2019). International Startups from Poland: Born Global or Born Regional?. Journal of Management and Business Administration Central Europe, 27(1), (journal indexed in Scopus)
- Wach, K., & Wojciechowski, L. (2016). Determinants of inward FDI into Visegrad countries: empirical evidence based on panel data for the years 2000-2012. Economics and Business Review, 2(1), 1, 34-52. DOI: 10.18559/ebr.2016.1.3 (Scopus)
- Wach, K., & Wojciechowski, L. (2016). Inward FDI and entrepreneurship rate: Empirical evidence on selected effects of FDI in Visegrad countries. Journal of Economics and Management, 24(2), 42-54. DOI: 10.22367/jem.2016.24.04 (Scopus)
- Wach, K. (2016). Innovative Behaviour of High-Tech Internationalized Firms: Survey Results from Poland. Entrepreneurial Business and Economics Review, 4(3), 153-165. DOI: 10.15678/EBER.2016.040311 (Scopus)
- Wach, K., & Wojciechowski, L. (2016). Entrepreneurial Intentions of Students in Poland in the View of Ajzen's Theory of Planned Behaviour. Entrepreneurial Business and Economics Review, 4(1), 83-94. DOI: 10.15678/EBER.2016.040106 (Scopus)
- Wach, K. (2015). Impact of Cultural and Social Norms on Entrepreneurship in the EU: Cross-Country Evidence based on GEM Survey Results. Zarządzanie w Kulturze, 16(1), 15-29. DOI: 10.4467/20843976ZK.15.002.3037
- Wach, K. (2015). Entrepreneurship without Borders: Do Borders Matter for International Entrepreneurship. Problemy Zarządzania, 14(1), 82-92. (ESCI WoS)
- Wach, K. (2014). Familiness and Born Globals: Rapid Internationalisation among Polish Family Firms. Journal of Intercultural Management, 6(3), 177-186.
- Daszkiewicz, N., & Wach, K. (2014). Motives for Going International and Entry Modes of Family Firms in Poland. Journal of Intercultural Management, 6(2), 5-18.
Selected editorship & co-editorship
- Wach, K. (Ed.) (2018). Internationalization of Firms in the Perspective of International Entrepreneurship. Warsaw (Poland): PWN.
- Duréndez, A., & Wach, K. (Eds.) (2014). Patterns of Business Internationalisation in Visegrad Countries – In Search for Regional Specifics. Cartagena (Spain): Universidad Politécnica de Cartagena. ISBN 978-84-942562-0-2
- Kiendl-Wendner, D., & Wach, K. (Eds.) (2014). International Competitiveness in Visegrad Countries: Macro and Micro Perspectives. Graz (Austria): Fachhochschule Joanneum. ISBN 978-3-200-03673-4
- Gubik, A.S. & Wach, K. (Eds.) (2015). Institutional Aspects of Entrepreneurship. Miskolc (Hungary): University of Miskolc. ISBN 978-963-358-093-6
- Gubik, A.S. & Wach, K. (Eds.) (2014). International Entrepreneurship and Corporate Growth in Visegrad Countries. Miskolc (Hungary): University of Miskolc. ISBN 978-963-358-054-7
- Knežević, B., & Wach, K. (Eds.) (2014). International Business from the Central European Perspective. Zagreb (Croatia): University of Zagreb. ISBN 978-953-6025-89-3
Preferred forms of cooperation
academic exchange of knowledge and teaching experience (seminars, workshops, lectures and conferences), guest co-editing of books in international publishing houses (e.g. Springer, Pelgrave MacMillan), preparing common research proposal and applying for external funding, study visits – both sides (researching and/or teaching), writing and publishing papers in international teams of 2-3 co-authors
Prof. UEK, dr hab. Krzysztof Wach
Cracow University of Economics
Department of International Trade
ul. Rakowicka 27
Phone +48 12 293 5376, -5381
Fax +48 12 293 5037, -5065
Further Information: www.wach.uek.krakow.pl